Effective as of May 25, 2018
Table of contents
- Information collection and use
- Information access and disclosure
- Does Sport4Kids share my Information?
- Does Sport4Kids sell or rent my Personal Data?
- How do third-party apps and plugins work?
- Will Sport4Kids send me emails?
- Does Sport4Kids ever make any of my Personal Data or User Content public?
- Does Sport4Kids collect information from children?
- Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
- For EEA users
- Contact us
Information collection and use
What Information does Sport4Kids collect about me?
When you apply or use S4K Services, we collect Information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”) which can be used for management, analysis and research purposes in the normal course of running the S4K business and in supporting and promoting healthy and active lifestyles for children and parents.
Information you provide us when you create an account
When you sign up for or use S4K Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data to enable S4K to deliver the S4K Services, meet S4K obligations to governing bodies, legislation and specifically OFSTED and legitimate business purposes in developing and promoting children’s sports and healthy active lifestyles. These include but are not limited to:
- Parents and Carers Names, emails and contact numbers. If you log into Sport4Kids with a social networking credential, such as with your Facebook or Google+ account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Sport4Kids’s access to that account.
- Your payment information. This is required to complete a commercial transaction for the S4K Services. We use this information to enable and fulfil your transaction. No credit card details are stored on any S4K system. Payment platforms and third party card providers will maintain your payment information.
- Children’s name, Date of Birth and any relevant medical or similar information that you provide in order to deliver the S4K Services and to manage S4K safeguarding and child protection responsibilities by OFSTED and other government bodies, sporting governing bodies and legislation.
- Transaction History and previous S4K Services Bought including Lifelong Membership.
- Communications including emails, calls, SMS as part of delivering the overall customer service process.
Other Information we collect
We collect this Information as you use the S4K Services:
- User Content. This consists where applicable to systems, applications that are used to monitor progress of the pupil and associated information as an integral part of delivering the S4K Service.
- Fitness and performance Data. This consists where applicable to tests, assessment and gradings in line with S4K curriculum, Player and Pupil Pathways, systems, applications that are used to monitor progress of the pupil and associated information as an integral part of delivering the S4K Service.
- Injuries and Medical Informaiton. This is for purposes of delivering the service, monitoring individual fitness, rehabilitation and making special provisions for individuals as part of delivering the S4K Service.
Automatically collected Information
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with Sport4Kids and your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Usage information. This is information about the Sport4Kids Site, Software, and/or Services you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using Sport4Kids Software.
How does Sport4Kids use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- The performance of S4K Children’s and Parents sports services and meet legal and government, OFSTED and sports governing body regulations.
- to help us administer our Site, Software, and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or the S4K Services.
- to communicate with you about your use of our Site, Software, and/or Services, product announcements, and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- to send you communication emails and special information relating to children’s sports and healthy living, special offers about Sport4Kids, from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- to display User Content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Services.
- to calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site, Software, and/or Services, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
Does Sport4Kids review User Content?
Sport4Kids employees only access or view your User Content stored in or transferred through our Site, Software, and/or Services, but it may be viewed if we believe the S4K Terms & Conditions of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so to respond to your requests for support and information, if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the Terms of Service, or to improve our services or react promptly to emergencies and with regard to the emergency services. Finally, your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Sport4Kids and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
Information access and disclosure
Does Sport4Kids share my Information?
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when:
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate at our venues, classes, camps, courses, events and travel services including our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- Where it is in the interests of child protection and safeguarding and/or in line with S4K responsibilities with regard to OFSTED Government and sports governing bodies and regulations and legislation governing children care, education and safeguarding.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Sport4Kids and users of S4K Services, our Site, Software, and/or digital Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
We may disclose Non-Personal Data publicly and to third parties – for example, in public reports about children’s and parents sport, education health and wellbeing, to partners under agreement with us, or as part of progress reports we may provide to users.
Sport4Kids does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Does Sport4Kids sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, Sport4Kids does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Will Sport4Kids send me emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about promoting children’s sport and well-being including special promotions and S4K news. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Sport4Kids emails and changing your contact preferences. All Sport4Kids account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Does Sport4Kids ever make any of my Personal Data or User Content public?
No, we do not share Personal Data or User Content except in the limited circumstances by government regulation, OFSTED, emergency services and for safeguarding and safety purposes.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to Sport4Kids will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the European economic Area. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed in the EEA.
How secure is my Information?
Sport4Kids is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and Services.
If Sport4Kids learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
How can I delete my Personal Data from Sport4Kids?
You can remove your Personal Data from Sport4Kids at any time by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, for security reasons, Sport4Kids will require proof of identity. Only where OFSTED and government requite us to keep records and under safeguarding and other legal requirements will any request to delete data be refused.
How long is Personal Data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from Sport4Kids at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations. This specifically relates to the S4K contractual obligation to provide a lifelong membership and to retain records in accordance with OFSTED and government regulations regarding the safeguarding and protection of children.
What happens if Sport4Kids closes my account?
If Sport4Kids closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service, then you may contact Sport4Kids to request deletion of your data. Sport4Kids will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
Sport4Kids uses, processes, and stores Personal Data, as necessary to perform our contract with you, and based on our legitimate interests in order to provide the S4K Services. In some cases, Sport4Kids may process Personal Data pursuant to legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
What rights do I have, and how can I exercise them?
GDPR provides individuals to have certain rights in respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete Personal Data we process through your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services and you can:
- Request a Personal Data report by submitting a request to . This report will include the Personal Data we have about you, provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and portable format. Please note that Sport4Kids may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any information.
- Object to us processing your Personal Data. You can ask us to stop using your Personal Data, including when we use your Personal Data to send you marketing emails and you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Sport4Kids emails and changing your contact preferences. Please note you will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
As Sport4Kids evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Please note that your continued use of Sport4Kids after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Policy.
Sport4Kids, Windlesham Court, 51 Guildford Road, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5NG